Full Job Description
We are seeking a full-time bookkeeper / junior accountant to join our finance team. This is an entry-level position, though the ideal candidate is a humble, detail-oriented team player who is ready to apply their accounting education and jumpstart their career in a thriving, entrepreneurial organization. The Bookkeeper / Junior Accountant reports to the Director of Business Finance.
Work Location: New York area.
Salary: 50k-65k, based on experience
Start Date: Immediate Hire
The Bookkeeper / Junior Accountant will hold an active role in the finance team and interact regularly with TaxRaja Associates , executive and office management. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform day-to-day bookkeeping, accounts payable and receivable-related tasks, and administrative duties for all restaurants
- Assist with bank reconciliations, journal entries, cash flow, payroll, inventory and food / beverage / operating cost optimization
- Generate weekly and monthly financial reports on a restaurant unit and consolidated basis
- May meet regularly with office managers, chefs and event coordinators to ensure compliance with all accounting and finance protocol
- Work in partnership with and provide support for senior Finance team members on other various financial and operating analyses and special projects
- Must be at least working towards BA or similar degree in accounting; necessary training will be provided, but candidate is expected to contribute immediately
- Junior or entry-level position: no work experience necessary, but strong preference for candidates with accounting coursework, background, degree or experience
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, PowerPoint)
- Superior written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional demeanor, great attitude, relentless work ethic and initiative, reliable, able to multi-task, great attention to detail, organized, open-minded and willing to learn, team player, passionate about Accounting industry
We offer paid vacation, as well as medical, dental, and vision benefits after 90 days of employment for full-time employees. If you are interested in joining the TaxRaja Associates , team, please submit your resume.
TaxRaja Associates , is an Equal Opportunity Employer.